South Santa Barbara County is at risk for a devastating blackout. The SBR3: Santa Barbara Reliable, Resilient, Renewable project seeks to address this risk while also accelerating the shift to 100% renewable energy.
This sign-on page is gaining traction across the county; it serves as a demonstration of the will of the community to inspire local leaders in business, politics, and activism to get behind the shift to a local renewable energy system as quickly as possible.
- South Santa Barbara County is completely grid-dependent, generating very little of its own power.
- We’re at the very end of the grid – almost all of our power comes over one set of transmission lines.
- SCE has identified these transmission lines as AT RISK for catastrophic failure from fire, earthquake, or heavy rains, which would cause a crippling, extended blackout of weeks or even months.
- South Santa Barbara County needs local power generating facilities to deliver 100% reliable energy.
- Our local energy system must be reliable and resilient in the face of natural disaster or terrorism.
- Local renewable power creates jobs and invigorates our economy, while eliminating our carbon footprint!
Santa Barbara County needs energy independence now!
The best path forward is to generate, store, and distribute renewable energy locally. We need an all-out effort to deploy solar PV panels, microgrid technologies, and a local energy storage system to free us from grid dependency and protect us from massive blackouts while allowing us to transition to 100% renewable energy.
THE UNDERSIGNED SUPPORT THE GOALS OF THE SBR3 PROJECT AND THE EFFORTS OF THE WORLD BUSINESS ACADEMY TO DEVELOP A LOCAL SOURCE OF RELIABLE, RESILIENT, AND RENEWABLE ENERGY.
Excited to see how each of us can make a difference.
Encourage others to share “BIGLY” LOL since this IS our future and the future of our children and grandchildren. They are innocent. We started this! Let’s end it ASAP.